This will only take a minute
then you'll be ready to start spec writing!
that has already been created by my design firm.
You will need to be invited in by someone within the organization.
You will need to be invited in by someone within the organization.
Design Firm Name
Please read and accept our
"SpacedIn" refers to SpacedIn Software, which is the provider of the DesignSpec suite of products and services.
“Services” refers to any and all services provided by SpacedIn, including but not limited to the DesignSpec suite of products and services.
Our Warranties and DisclaimersOTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS OR ADDITIONAL TERMS, NEITHER SPACEDIN NOR ITS PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR DISTRIBUTORS MAKE ANY SPECIFIC PROMISES ABOUT THE SERVICES. FOR EXAMPLE, WE DON’T MAKE ANY COMMITMENTS ABOUT THE CONTENT WITHIN THE SERVICES, THE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS OF THE SERVICES, OR THEIR RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, OR ABILITY TO MEET YOUR NEEDS. WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES “AS IS”.
Liability for our Services
WHEN PERMITTED BY LAW, SPACEDIN, AND SPACEDIN’S PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS AND DISTRIBUTORS, WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUES, OR DATA, FINANCIAL LOSSES OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF SPACEDIN, AND ITS PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS, AND DISTRIBUTORS, FOR ANY CLAIMS UNDER THESE TERMS, INCLUDING FOR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID US TO USE THE SERVICES (OR, IF WE CHOOSE, TO SUPPLYING YOU THE SERVICES AGAIN).
IF YOU ARE USING OUR SERVICES ON BEHALF OF A BUSINESS, THAT BUSINESS ACCEPTS THESE TERMS. IT WILL HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY SPACEDIN AND ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, AGENTS, AND EMPLOYEES FROM ANY CLAIM, SUIT OR ACTION ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS, INCLUDING ANY LIABILITY OR EXPENSE ARISING FROM CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, SUITS, JUDGMENTS, LITIGATION COSTS AND ATTORNEYS' FEES.
OwnershipUsing our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Services or the content you access. You may not use content from our Services unless you obtain permission from its owner or are otherwise permitted by law. These terms do not grant you the right to use any branding or logos used in our Services. Don’t remove, obscure, or alter any legal notices displayed in or along with our Services.
MisuseYou must follow any policies made available to you within the Services. If you misuse our services, try to interfere with our Services, or try to access them using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide, we may block your use of our Services. You may use our Services only as permitted by law, including applicable export and re-export control laws and regulations. We may suspend or stop providing our Services to you if you do not comply with our terms or policies or if we are investigating suspected misconduct.
NotificationsWe may send you service announcements, administrative messages, and other information related to our Services. You will be given the option of unsubscribing from marketing material.
To protect your Account, keep your password confidential. You are responsible for the activity that happens on or through your Account.
Each person that uses our Services must access the Services from their own user account.
Although we do our best to ensure your information is safe and secure, we cannot guarantee that a breach or permanent data loss will never occur. We recommend keeping backup copies of any critical information offline or in a different service.
Some of our Services allow you to send or receive content. You retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in that content.
When you send or receive content to or through our Services, you give SpacedIn (and those we work with) a worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, communicate, publish, publicly display and distribute such content. The rights you grant in this license are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting, and improving our Services, and to develop new ones. This license continues even if you stop using our Services
Changes to Services
We are constantly changing and improving our Services. We may add or remove functionalities or features, and we may suspend or stop a Service altogether. Where the removal of a feature results in loss of access to some of your data, we will notify you in advance, and we may provide you with a way of exporting your data.
Accounts that do not have a paid subscription (license) may be permanently deleted after showing no activity for 6 months or more. The account owners will be notified well in advance if the account is scheduled for deletion.
The fees associated with using our software are subject to change with notice.
User and Organization Accounts
For organization accounts (which may provide multiple user accounts with access to the organization’s projects and other information), only the organization account owner (billing contact) may cancel or reopen the organization account, make changes to billing information, or transfer ownership of the account.
When providing you with support, we may require you to provide sufficient information to prove your identity as account owner (such as billing information) before we can assist you with your account.
About these TermsWe may modify these terms or any additional terms that apply to a Service to, for example, reflect changes to the law or changes to our Services. You should look at the terms regularly.
1. What Information do we collect?
Information we collect directly from you
- Registration Information. When you register for an account, we collect your username, password, first name, last name, email address, and company name. If you sign up for a paid subscription, then we also collect your billing information, including card number, address, etc.
Information we collect about you indirectly or passively when you interact with us
- Usage data and preferences. We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our services. This may include which webpages you visit, what you click on, when you performed certain actions, track access and changes to data, and so on. This may be collected by various means, including cookies, databases, logs, or other forms of media or storage. Additionally, like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses, internet service providers, the files viewed on our site, operating system versions, and timestamps.
- Device data. We collect data from the device and application you use to access our services, such as your IP address, operating system version, device type, system and performance information, and browser type. We may also infer your geographic location based on your IP address.
- Referral data. If you arrive at our website from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email), we record information about the source that referred you to us.
2. How do we use the information we collect?Generally, we use the information we collect from you in connection with providing our services to you and your organization. Examples of specific ways we use this information are listed below.
To provide you with our services.
This includes providing you with customer support, which requires us to access your information to assist you.
If you choose to link your DesignSpec account to a third party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we may use the information you allow us to collect from those third parties to provide you with additional features, services, and personalized content.
We provide ways for you to export or share specific information with those who do not otherwise have access to your information. This may include exporting information to PDF or Excel for example, and emailing documents or information to people within or outside your organization.
- To monitor, maintain, and improve our services and features. We may analyze some of the information we collect, looking for trends, to understand how people use our services, and to monitor, troubleshoot and improve our services. We may use your information for internal purposes designed to keep our services secure and operational, such as for troubleshooting and testing purposes, or for the purpose of otherwise improving the quality of our services.
- To prevent potentially illegal activities.
- To screen for and prevent undesirable or abusive activity. For example to prevent phishing activities, spam, denial of service attacks and fraud.
- To display personalized ads or content, or make recommendations.
- To facilitate account creation and the logon process. If you choose to link your DesignSpec account to a third party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate the account creation and login process.
- To contact you about your service or account. We occasionally send you communications (e.g. service-related announcements, billing-related matters, changes to our services or policies, a welcome email when you first register). Some of these communications you cannot unsubscribe from without cancelling your account, as they are required to provide our services to you.
- To contact you for marketing purposes. We will only do this if you have consented to our contacting you for this purpose. You may opt out of these communications at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in them, or changing the relevant setting on your account settings page.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
3. What are your rights to your information?
- Account Information. You may view and update your account information, such as name and billing information. Your login name (email address) is one exception, which for security purposes cannot be changed.
- Download or backup your data. In many cases we provide the option to export your information to a document such as Excel, Word or PDF document.
- Cancel your account. You may cancel your account at any time.
- For how long do we retain your data? We retain your data for as long as you have a paid subscription to our services, or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements. Data that is deleted from our servers may remain in backup media for up to approximately 12 months afterward.
- Data locations. Our servers are based in the United States and Canada, so your personal information will be hosted and processed by us in one of these two countries.
Shared Organization Accounts
- Joining an Organization's Account. By joining an organization’s account, you do so with the understanding that any information you save to, send to, or receive from that organization’s account may then be viewed, modified, shared, and replicated by the organization’s account owner (billing contact), and any other users in the organization that have appropriate access, where permitted by law. This includes any documents, images, text, data or other forms of information.
Inviting Others into your Organization's Account.
By inviting another user to join your organization’s account, you are giving them access to view and modify information that pertains to your organization, including projects, specifications, report templates, vendors, and so on. The account owner (billing contact) may revoke another user’s access to their organization’s account at any time.