You will need to be invited in by someone within the organization.
Our Warranties and DisclaimersOTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS OR ADDITIONAL TERMS, NEITHER SPACEDIN NOR ITS PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR DISTRIBUTORS MAKE ANY SPECIFIC PROMISES ABOUT THE SERVICES. FOR EXAMPLE, WE DON’T MAKE ANY COMMITMENTS ABOUT THE CONTENT WITHIN THE SERVICES, THE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS OF THE SERVICES, OR THEIR RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, OR ABILITY TO MEET YOUR NEEDS. WE PROVIDE THE SERVICES “AS IS”.
Liability for our Services
Service Level Agreement
We guarantee that our software platform will be available 99.95% of the time. In the event that this SLA is not met, we provide a service credit of 10% for the month in which the SLA was not met.
This SLA and any applicable Service Levels do not apply to any performance or availability issues:
- Due to factors outside our reasonable control (such as war, riots, government action, natural disaster, or a network or device failure external to our hosting provider, including at your site or between your site and our hosting provider).
- That result from the use of services, hardware, or software not provided by us, including, but not limited to, issues resulting from inadequate bandwidth or related to third-party software or services.
- Use of beta or trial versions of a Service or feature (as determined by us).
- That result from your unauthorized action or lack of action when required, or from your employees, agents, contractors, or vendors, or anyone gaining access to our network by means of your passwords or equipment, or otherwise resulting from your failure to follow appropriate security practices.
- That result from your failure to adhere to any required configurations, use supported platforms, follow any policies for acceptable use, or your use of the Service in a manner inconsistent with the features and functionality of the Service (for example, attempts to perform operations that are not supported) or inconsistent with our published guidance.
- That result from your attempts to perform operations that exceed prescribed quotas or that resulted from our throttling of suspected abusive behavior.
OwnershipUsing our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Services or the content you access. You may not use content from our Services unless you obtain permission from its owner or are otherwise permitted by law. These terms do not grant you the right to use any branding or logos used in our Services. Don’t remove, obscure, or alter any legal notices displayed in or along with our Services.
MisuseYou must follow any policies made available to you within the Services. If you misuse our services, try to interfere with our Services, or try to access them using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide, we may block your use of our Services. You may use our Services only as permitted by law, including applicable export and re-export control laws and regulations. We may suspend or stop providing our Services to you if you do not comply with our terms or policies or if we are investigating suspected misconduct.
NotificationsWe may send you service announcements, administrative messages, and other information related to our Services. You will be given the option of unsubscribing from marketing material.
Changes to Services
User and Organization Accounts
About these TermsWe may modify these terms or any additional terms that apply to a Service to, for example, reflect changes to the law or changes to our Services. You should look at the terms regularly.
1. What Information do we collect?
Information we collect directly from you
- Registration Information. When you register for an account, we collect your username, password, first name, last name, email address, and company name. If you sign up for a paid subscription, then we also collect your billing information, including card number, address, etc.
Information we collect about you indirectly or passively when you interact with us
- Usage data and preferences. We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our services. This may include which webpages you visit, what you click on, when you performed certain actions, track access and changes to data, and so on. This may be collected by various means, including cookies, databases, logs, or other forms of media or storage. Additionally, like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses, internet service providers, the files viewed on our site, operating system versions, and timestamps.
- Device data. We collect data from the device and application you use to access our services, such as your IP address, operating system version, device type, system and performance information, and browser type. We may also infer your geographic location based on your IP address.
- Referral data. If you arrive at our website from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email), we record information about the source that referred you to us.
2. How do we use the information we collect?Generally, we use the information we collect from you in connection with providing our services to you and your organization. Examples of specific ways we use this information are listed below.
To provide you with our services.
This includes providing you with customer support, which requires us to access your information to assist you.
If you choose to link your DesignSpec account to a third party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we may use the information you allow us to collect from those third parties to provide you with additional features, services, and personalized content.
We provide ways for you to export or share specific information with those who do not otherwise have access to your information. This may include exporting information to PDF or Excel for example, and emailing documents or information to people within or outside your organization.
- To monitor, maintain, and improve our services and features. We may analyze some of the information we collect, looking for trends, to understand how people use our services, and to monitor, troubleshoot and improve our services. We may use your information for internal purposes designed to keep our services secure and operational, such as for troubleshooting and testing purposes, or for the purpose of otherwise improving the quality of our services.
- To prevent potentially illegal activities.
- To screen for and prevent undesirable or abusive activity. For example to prevent phishing activities, spam, denial of service attacks and fraud.
- To display personalized ads or content, or make recommendations.
- To facilitate account creation and the logon process. If you choose to link your DesignSpec account to a third party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate the account creation and login process.
- To contact you about your service or account. We occasionally send you communications (e.g. service-related announcements, billing-related matters, changes to our services or policies, a welcome email when you first register). Some of these communications you cannot unsubscribe from without cancelling your account, as they are required to provide our services to you.
- To contact you for marketing purposes. We will only do this if you have consented to our contacting you for this purpose. You may opt out of these communications at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in them, or changing the relevant setting on your account settings page.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
3. What are your rights to your information?
- Account Information. You may view and update your account information, such as name and billing information. Your login name (email address) is one exception, which for security purposes cannot be changed.
- Download or backup your data. In many cases we provide the option to export your information to a document such as Excel, Word or PDF document.
- Cancel your account. You may cancel your account at any time.
- For how long do we retain your data? We retain your data for as long as you have a paid subscription to our services, or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements. Data that is deleted from our servers may remain in backup media for up to approximately 12 months afterward.
- Data locations. Our servers are based in the United States and Canada, so your personal information will be hosted and processed by us in one of these two countries.
Shared Organization Accounts
- Joining an Organization's Account. By joining an organization’s account, you do so with the understanding that any information you save to, send to, or receive from that organization’s account may then be viewed, modified, shared, and replicated by the organization’s account owner (billing contact), and any other users in the organization that have appropriate access, where permitted by law. This includes any documents, images, text, data or other forms of information.
Inviting Others into your Organization's Account.
By inviting another user to join your organization’s account, you are giving them access to view and modify information that pertains to your organization, including projects, specifications, report templates, vendors, and so on. The account owner (billing contact) may revoke another user’s access to their organization’s account at any time.